• The default language of any content posted is English.

QUESTION Good Free VPN Needed

Urban VPN doesn’t support obfuscation, a means of masking VPN traffic to avoid getting spotted. If your ISP can detect your VPN traffic, it may mess with your speed to discourage your VPN usage.

Does Urban VPN Log Personal Data?
Yes, it does.

The company has a Do Not Sell page on its site. It supposedly provides a means of opting out from data sharing in the Urban VPN mobile client.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work.

Uninstalling all Urban VPN desktop and mobile apps is the only sure way to prevent your data from getting sold.

According to its privacy policy, Urban VPN processes different types of non-personal and personal data. They include online identifiers (like IP address), network activity (like search history), and geolocation data (like physical location).

It automatically collects data you’ll voluntarily consent to. Using the Urban VPN Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and/or Android app green-lights the company’s data logging activity.

Urban VPN admits that “it may share, sell, or make a commercial use of the aggregated coded data” it collects.

Is Urban VPN safe?
No. Loss of privacy is one of the expected pitfalls of using a free VPN.

Don't let cheap come before security, then there's no point in having a VPN
Choose one of these for your security:

1. Proton VPN
  • Verified zero logging: Yes
  • Own DNS servers: Yes
  • Protocols: OpenVPN TCP & UDP, IKEv2, WireGuard
  • Zero data leaks
  • Network: 1,900-plus servers in 67 countries
  • Jurisdiction: Switzerland
  • + More...
2. NordVPN
  • Protocols: OpenVPN TCP & UDP, IKEv2, SSTP, NordLynx (WireGuard)
  • No leaks detected
  • Network: 5,300-plus servers in 84 locations across 60 countries
  • Jurisdiction: Panama
  • + More...

@unique33 Go for Windscribe, this is the best 100% free vpn
Thanks.
I do not know how to appreciate you.
Post automatically merged:

Don't let cheap come before security, then there's no point in having a VPN
Choose one of these for your security:

1. Proton VPN
  • Protocols: OpenVPN TCP & UDP, IKEv2, WireGuard
  • Zero data leaks
  • Network: 1,900-plus servers in 67 countries
  • Jurisdiction: Switzerland
  • + More...
2. NordVPN
  • Protocols: OpenVPN TCP & UDP, IKEv2, SSTP, NordLynx (WireGuard)
  • No leaks detected
  • Network: 5,300-plus servers in 84 locations across 60 countries
  • Jurisdiction: Panama
  • + More...
Thanks.

For free........I used Proton VPN and it seemed to work fine. I needed a more secure/safe VPN so I switched to a paid service.

For Paid.....I've been using Express VPN for some years now. smooth as butter...a little expensive but logs nothing and hides everything....good for Tor and torrents/movies...rated as "Best for Global Location Spoofers" by PC Magazine... "The most secure VPN on the market"....Toms Hardware.

Aloha,
Psycho

Last edited:
For free........I used Proton VPN and it seemed to work fine. I needed a more secure/safe VPN so I switched to a paid service.

For Paid.....I've been using Express VPN for some years now. smooth as butter...a little expensive but logs nothing and hides everything....good for Tor and torrents/movies...rated as "Best for Global Location Spoofers" by PC Magazine... "The most secure VPN on the market"....Toms Hardware.

Aloha,
Psycho
Thanks.

I have mixed feelings about free VPNs since they are not normally that good but free is free! I have used both SurfShark and Turbo VPN in the past and would recommend them. However, for paid I would go with NordVPN since I have had the best experience with them and it lets me use Hulu.
Thanks.

Aloha,
Psycho
Search the web which company bought expressVPN about a year ago. I would stop using it immediately.
Post automatically merged:

I have mixed feelings about free VPNs since they are not normally that good but free is free! I have used both SurfShark and Turbo VPN in the past and would recommend them. However, for paid I would go with NordVPN since I have had the best experience with them and it lets me use Hulu.
And nordVPN supports double vpn and tor over vpn. Also a cool feature for better privacy.

As a good paid VPN I can advise - Windscride, NordVPN.

Alas, but as said above, free VPN is let one end (selling logs, interceptions and other unnecessary headache for you).